The primary responsibility of the Sales Representative is to work cooperatively with the Bella Viva Orchards team to build new customer-relationships and meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas at the company approved gross profit margins.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow BVO company processes, policies, and procedures.
- Represent Bella Viva Orchards in a most safe, trustworthy, and professional manner in all external and internal interactions.
- Mine for and engage initial prospect communication.
- Qualify prospects accurately and promptly by gathering key information.
- Determine customer requirements and make recommendations.
- Generate new and repeat sales
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, and offering promotional sales items.
- Process orders accurately
- Collaborate on ongoing basis with Shipping, Quality Assurance / Safety Operations, Production, and Accounting Departments to ensure optimal customer care.
- Represent Bella Viva Orchards at tradeshows and assist in the preparation of tradeshows.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Three years customer service / sales experience desired
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent post-secondary education experience desired
- Desire to thrive in fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven speaking and writing skills required
- Common sense and concern for winning outcomes required
- Computer skills and experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel required
- Data Base software and Quick Books exposure/experience is highly valued
- Proven time management and organization skills required
- Good judgment, creative thinking skills, and solid decision making required
- Ability to travel on a flexible schedule as needed (rarely) required
- Constant sitting, standing, and walking
- Occasional stooping/kneeling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Yearly sales quota requirement met
- Accuracies in all sales transactions